Stu and Hayley are proud to be Sacramento natives, both alumni of Jesuit and St. Francis High Schools in Sacramento. After leaving for college, they decided their home town of Sacramento would be the best place to settle down and start a family. The Figeriods currently reside in Carmichael with their two children, Dennis and Margaret. The entire family are active parishioners at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, and enjoy the many local attractions the Carmichael and Arden area has to offer.
The Figeroids love Arden Hills since joining in 2019, and consider it their retreat after a busy workday. When they are not relaxing at Arden Hills, Stu is busy providing for his family as the Northern California sales representative for Synovis (Baxter International), primarily helping surgeons and hospitals with their microvascular reconstruction programs. After teaching English at St. Francis High School for over five years, Hayley moved to the public sector and is now an Outreach & Sales manager for Covered California.
We asked Stu and Hayley to share a few of their favorites and here’s what they said:
- Breakfast: Donut Fair. Nothing beats donuts for “encouraging” (bribing) the kids to behave at Mass!
- Lunch: Rey Azteca. We love their tacos and salsa bar.
- Dessert: Hayley loves the gluten-free tiramisu carried by the Sacramento Whole Foods.
- Winery: We love Boeger and Lava Cap at Apple Hill, and Juliana’s in Clarksburg has a great outdoor space.
- Brewery: J.J. Pfister Distillery. Stu’s a friend of the owner/master distiller, and he helped taste test their original vodka formulation. We especially love their gin.
- Bar: Bonn Lair in East Sac. Bonus points for a pint in one of their cozy booths if it’s drizzling outside or soccer is on the TV!
- Coffee/tea: Peet’s is our go-to although Hayley has to get Tupelo any time she’s nearby.
- Grocery store: Raley’s (the Fair Oaks and Walnut location in particular). The customer service can’t be beat.
- Farmers Market: Carmichael Farmer’s Market. It’s smaller than other markets, but we love the vendors and cozy vibe.
- Weekend getaway: Carmel-by-the-Sea and/or Monterey. Our kids could spend all day in the aquarium.
- Place for the Kids: The California State Railroad Museum. The Thomas the Train tables are great for our youngest, and our oldest is just starting to show an interest in the exhibits.
- Date Night: Zócalo UV and Mikuni Arden are our go-to happy hour “date night” spots so we can be home in time to tuck the kiddos into bed.
- Exercise Spot: The weight room at Arden Hills! We both love to relax in the steam room after a hard workout.
- Place to go for a walk: We love Effie Yeaw for its pretty views and paths that even our 2-year-old can manage.
- Theater: Music Circus. Hayley worked the box office during her college summers, and she can’t wait until the kids are old enough to sit through a show!
- Museum: The Legion of Honor in San Francisco.
Thank you for sharing, Stu and Hayley! We are so proud to have amazing Members like you here at Arden Hills!