Cheering, blowing air-horns, and waving signs, Arden Hills Members were out in numbers showing support for those competing in the annual California International Marathon.
The California International Marathon (CIM) was founded in 1983 by the Sacramento Running Association and has steadily grown in numbers from a field of 1,600 runners in 1983 to a race that now fills to a capacity of more than 9,000 marathoners. Supported by over 2,000 volunteers and countless cheering crowds, if you’re a runner at heart, the CIM is an event you should seriously consider participating in.
- “There’s nothing ambiguous about it: if you want to run a PR, CIM is the place to do it.”
- “One of the fastest, if not THE FASTEST, courses in the country!”
— Bart Yasso, Runner’s World Online 2007
- “One of the WORLD’S BEST small marathons.”— Runner’s World Magazine, 2006
- The CIM consistently ranks in the top 9 of marathons with the most number of Boston Marathon qualifiers, behind marathons with much larger numbers of participants (Boston, Chicago, New York, etc.).— marathonguide.com, 2004-2013
- Voted “BEST Marathon.”— Competitor Magazine Poll, 2009
- “…in the TOP TEN as a FALL DESTINATION Marathon.”— USA Today, Bart Yasso, 2007
- Voted “Sacramento’s BEST sporting event” — Sacramento Bee online poll, 2009
- Voted Sacramento’s race of the year by Sacramento runners — 2014-2015
For information on the event and how to participate click here.